5 NFL Teams Poised For Playoff Run
The new season of NFL 2023 has kicked off with a bang and is offering its fans a great chance to enjoy some thrilling games, remarkable performances, and unexpected outcomes.
As we know, the NFL has 32 teams this season. Among these 32 NFL teams, 5 show great possibilities for making it to the playoffs. These five teams are Seattle, New Orleans Saints, Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles, and Buffalo Bills.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the journeys of these 5 teams in this season. Exploring them and seeing their success and challenges. Also, you can watch matches of these teams in first person on NFL Streams.
5 NFL Teams Poised For Playoff Run
- Seattle Seahawks is one of the most successful and consistent among all other NFL teams. They aim to be among the NFL teams for a playoff in 2023.
- Seahawks have Pete Carroll as the head and a star quarterback like Russell Wilson.
- They are also known for their tough physical defense, well-balanced offense, and effective running and passing combined.
- The Seahawks were the Superbowl champions in 2013, and they also appeared in 2005 and 2014. They have also been in the playoffs 9 times in the last 10 seasons.
- Also, they have started this season with an impressive win and secured a 4-2 record after 6 games.
- They have also defeated the San Francisco 49ers and the Arizona Cardinals, their division rivals.
- The Seahawks have allowed young talents like Jaxon Smith-Njigba and Jake Bobo to make their mark.
- They aim to clinch their fifth division title in eight years and make a deep playoff run.
New Orleans Saints
- The New Orleans Saints faced a significant transition in 2023 due to the retirement of their legendary quarterback, Drew Brees, affecting their journey as NFL teams for a playoff in 2023.
- Brees, who led the team to their only Super Bowl title in 2009, also set numerous passing records during his 15 seasons with the Saints.
- Known for a high-powered offense, guided by head coach Sean Payton, who has been with the team since 2006.
- The Saints secured four consecutive NFC South titles from 2017 to 2020.
- Transitioned to Derek Carr as their new starting quarterback for the 2023 season, acquired in a trade with the Las Vegas Raiders.
- Challenges in finding offensive rhythm and consistency, with four out of the first seven games seeing the team score 17 points or less.
- Presently holding a 3-4 record, placing them third in their division, behind the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Carolina Panthers.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers boast a rich NFL history, with six Super Bowl titles, the most of any team, aiming for a spot among the NFL teams for a playoff in 2023.
- Known for their hard-nosed defense and an immensely loyal fan base.
- Under the leadership of coach Mike Tomlin since 2007, the team has secured eight playoff appearances and a Super Bowl victory in 2008.
- Facing challenges in 2023, with star quarterback Ben Roethlisberger announcing his retirement after this season.
- Grappling with aging stars on defense, including linebacker T.J. Watt and cornerback Joe Haden.
- Sadly, the Steelers suffered some injuries on offense; Juju Smith-Schuster, the wide receiver, and the running back, James Conner, got injured.
- The Steelers are currently at the bottom of their division because they have won only 2 games in their 7 games.
- The Philadelphia Eagles have experienced highs and lows in recent years to be among the NFL teams for a playoff in 2023.
- In 2017, the Eagles defeated the mighty New England Patriots and reached their peak by winning their first Super Bowl title.
- The head coach, Doug Pederson, and backup quarterback, Nick Foles, led to this historic win. Nick Foles stepped up after Carson Wentz got injured.
- Eagles also had a dominant defense, featuring players like Fletcher Cox and Malcolm Jenkins.
- Significant changes were made after a disappointing 2022 season, finishing with a 4-12 record and missing the playoffs.
- Recently, The Eagles fired Pederson and hired Nick Sirianni as their new head coach.
- They traded Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts and drafted Kenny Pickett as their new quarterback.
- Pickett, a rookie from Pittsburgh, has shown promise and potential in his first few games.
- The Eagles have also developed young offensive talent, including running back D'Andre Swift and wide receiver DeVonta Smith.
- Currently, the Eagles hold a 6-1 record after their 7 games; because of this, they are ahead of their division and leading teams like the Dallas Cowboys, the Washington Commanders, and the New York Giants.
- The Buffalo Bills are becoming an exciting and competitive team this season. Aiming towards the spot in the NFL teams for playoff in 2023.
- They possess a dynamic offense led by quarterback Josh Allen, who has improved his passing and running skills since entering the league in 2018.
- The Bills also have explosive weapons on offense, including wide receivers Stefon Diggs and George Pickens and tight end Dawson Knox.
- Their solid defense is coached by Sean McDermott, who has been with the team since 2017.
- The Bills clinched three consecutive AFC East titles from 2020 to 2022, ending the Patriots' long reign in the division.
- But so far, 2023 is not going so well for the Bills. They have faced losses to some of the top teams and improved rosters in their division.
- The Bills hold a 4-3 record after seven games, placing them second in their division behind the Dolphins.
Will the NFL playoffs be similar next season?
Yes, the NFL remains the same yearly because of its excitement and thrill.
Which NFL teams have clinched playoff berths?
The San Francisco 49ers, Buffalo Bills, Kansas City Chiefs, Philadelphia Eagles, and Minnesota Vikings managed to clinch playoff berths.
How many playoff teams miss the playoffs each year?
Each season, 7 new teams enter the playoffs, which means each year, 7 less inclined teams end up missing the playoffs.
How many playoff teams are there in the 2022 NFL season?
In the year 2022, there were 7 new teams for the playoffs.
The 2023 NFL season is emerging as a thrilling and unexpected season. These five teams each have their unique route to get to the playoffs for the 2023 season. Some are maintaining their success, and some are working hard to achieve their dreams in this tough season.
Some are experimenting with their lineups, while others are sticking to their core values. Some NFL teams are exceeding expectations while others are working to meet them. As the season continues, you can look forward to seeing some exciting games and a good amount of drama from these 5 teams and the NFL.